Driving is one of those things that ends up just being second nature. We get in our vehicles and drive to work, and it’s all just part of the routine. However, when it comes right down to it, driving is one of the last things in which you should become complacent. That’s when accidents happen, and even minor car accidents can result in serious long-term problems. Fortunately, our Orlando auto accident neck injury doctors can help, but it’s best you see one sooner rather than later.
The Latent Nature of Certain Auto Injuries
If you’ve been in a serious, life-threatening car accident, the only thing that matters is emergency care. In these cases, the injuries are severe and readily apparent.
However, most car accidents are what most would consider “minor”, like a fender-bender in the parking lot, or a 14 mile-per-hour collision. In these cases, most people don’t even think about seeking medical attention, thinking they’ve sustained no injuries. Unfortunately, many of these people are surprised to find problems begin to develop days or even weeks after the fact.
Inflammation can take some time to fully develop, and with inflammation comes discomfort, pain, and reduction of mobility. Our Orlando auto accident neck injury doctors have many ways of treating inflammation, but our treatment is far more effective if performed immediately following the accident. That’s why it’s so important to seek treatment right away, rather than waiting for problems to develop and get worse.
The Most Common Auto Accident Neck Injuries
This occurs when the neck is suddenly jolted back and forth, and most commonly results from rear-end collisions. Whiplash symptoms include:
- Neck pain that gets worse with movement
- Pain and tenderness in the shoulders and upper arms
- Decreased range of motion in the neck
- Headaches that begin at the base of the skull
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Memory problems and inability to concentrate
- Ear ringing
- Blurry vision
These symptoms usually develop within 24 hours of a rear-end collision.
Our Orlando auto accident neck injury doctors can perform a variety of treatment to help streamline your recovery from whiplash. As stated above, it’s important to see your doctor immediately following an accident due to the latent nature of many auto accident injuries.
This can be seen as a less severe form of whiplash that involves injuries to the muscles responsible for head and upper-neck movement. Neck strain comes with pain, reduction in physical mobility, discomfort, and occasionally, muscle spasms.
Herniated Cervical Disk (or “Slipped Disc”)
Your spinal cord is comprised of various vertebrate, and between these vertebrates are fleshy “cushions”. These are usually referred to as “disks”, which are comprised of hard outer tissue encasing softer, jelly-like tissue within. A herniated disk is when the softer tissue is forced out through a tear in the harder tissue. This can put pressure on and activate surrounding nerves, resulting in severe pain, as well as numbness in one of the arms or legs. That said, some people sustain a herniated disk and experience no pain whatsoever.
Herniated disks can be resolved through the hands-on chiropractic adjustments that our Orlando auto accident neck injury doctors can perform.
How Our Orlando Auto Accident Neck Injury Doctors Can Treat You
When you come into our auto accident injury clinic, you can expect a comprehensive plan to be established for your specific condition. It all starts with diagnostics. We will collect the information we need to provide the most appropriate treatment. The most common ways in which we gather this information is simple evaluation of your:
- Range of motion
- Physical condition
- Movements that elicit pain
- Spine curvature
We will also test for muscle spasms, and perform a neurological exam in which we’ll test your muscle strength and reflexes.
Once a comprehensive treatment plan has been established, we’ll perform our work. Often times, hands-on chiropractic adjustments yield the best results. This is true for whiplash, herniated disks, neck strain, and related issues. By adjusting the spine, we can reduce inflammation, and thus reduce pain and help restore your range of motion.
Proper chiropractic adjustments are entirely painless. Many patients report immediate relief from pain, elevation in mood, increased energy, and a wider range of motion after an adjustment from one of our Orlando auto accident neck injury doctors.
There are many benefits of chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic care is safe – A trained and professional chiropractor will not cause any unnecessary stress, pain, or strain on your body. Chiropractic care addresses the cause, not the symptom – Too many people have become dependent on opioids such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, and fentanyl for the treatment of chronic pain. The issue here is that these merely cover up the symptoms, and cause more problems over time, including liver damage, constipation, abdominal pain and distention, and physical dependence.
- Chiropractic care can offer immediate results – If you are suffering from neck pain due to an auto accident, our doctors can give you immediate relief. Proper manipulation of the spine can quickly diminish pain and immobility. Even if a long-term plan needs to be implemented, you can experience fast relief after an adjustment, which will be required less and less often as our work improves your condition.
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, don’t put off treatment! Our Orlando auto accident neck injury doctors will give you the care that you need.